Knowledge - Details
Date Added: 12/6/2016
When you try to open an attachment in Sage 50, it crashes. Some attachments work, some don't. If you SAVE the attachment to your desktop, the attachment works fine.
I called Sage and they gave me the solution (try this at your own risk after making full backups):
1) Change the period to # 1. This is on the home page in Sage.
2) Click Help > Customer Support and Service > Integrity Check
3) Click Continue after making a backup
4) Check the Reindex Files box, select Attachment from the list, and click OK.
5) Repeat steps 2-4 except select Attachment Bundle and click OK.
6) Change the period back to the current period. Click NO, NO, NO to the 3 pop-ups.
7) Test the repair.
Disclaimer: Everything on this website is written for my own use. I disclaim any guarantees that the procedures and advice listed here are accurate, safe, or beneficial for anyone else. If you attempt to follow any procedures or advice shared here, you do it at your own risk. Part of IT work is knowing how to recover from problems.